You can make your payment using the fowing types of payment card:
- Visa Credit, Visa Debit, Visa Electron
- Mastercard Credit, Mastercard Debit
If you have entered your card details in our system and have any queries about your booking, please contact the customer service team.
Please note that emails are an insecure form of communication. In the interests of payment card security, customers should not include any payment card details in email correspondence to MyTrainTicket.
A booking fee of £1.50 applies to all transactions unless otherwise stated.
When will my tickets be delivered?
Your tickets will be delivered by the method you selected at purchase. Please see the timescales below for when to expect your tickets.
Self-service ticket machines
Please ensure that you arrive at the station at least 15 minutes before your departure, if you have chosen to collect your tickets from a self-service ticket machine.
Your tickets can be collected from a self-service ticket machine 2 hours after completing your booking.
What should I do if I haven’t received my booking confirmation email?
The primary confirmation of your booking is shown on your screen immediately after a successful payment transaction. It confirms the booking reference, your journey information and your payment details. For your convenience, we also email you a copy of the booking confirmation. Please allow 30 minutes to receive your booking confirmation email. If you have not received it within this time, check the following:
- Occasionally, emails are blocked by SPAM filters. Please check your SPAM email inbox to ensure the booking confirmation is not in there. If it is, you should be able to select an option in your email to say this is not spam and allow emails from this sender
- Perhaps you entered your email address incorrectly? If you think the email address is incorrect please contact us.
If you have still not received your email confirmation, please contact our customer service team.
How do I collect my tickets from a self-service ticket machine?
Collecting your tickets from a self-service ticket machine is easy. Follow these simple steps:
- Take a print-out of your booking confirmation details with you when you collect your tickets
- Choose the option to collect pre-paid tickets (it is very important to select this before you insert your card; otherwise the machine will not know to check if you have pre-paid tickets)
- Insert your credit/debit card that was used to make the train booking. If your payment card has been replaced since you made your booking, please contact our customer service team
- Key in your unique ticket collection reference number, shown on your booking confirmation
- Collect the tickets dispensed by the machine (please wait until the main screen informs you your transaction is complete and check that you take ALL your tickets, and that they cover your whole journey, as well as any supplements and seat reservations)
For more information, please see the ticket delivery page.
Refunds, Amendments and Cancellations
Can I apply for a refund of my ticket?
Refund Applications must be made within 28 days of the ticket expiry date as per stated in the National Rail Conditions of Travel
Anytime and Off-peak train tickets may be eligible for a refund. If you decide not to use your ticket to make all or part of your intended journey, then you can apply for a refund.
Advance tickets are non-refundable, unless the service was subject to cancellation by the Train Operating Company. You can amend an Advance ticket by buying a qualifying replacement ticket, which then allows you to apply for a refund of your original ticket. For more information about how to amend your advance tickets please see How can I amend my Advance ticket?
How do I apply for a refund?
For information on how to apply for a refund or if you have any questions, please contact our dedicated customer service team.
How can I amend my Advance ticket?
Advance tickets are non refundable.
Advance tickets can be amended however as long as you only want to change the date or time. A cancel and re-book policy is applied. Please make a new reservation and advise email@example.com of your new booking reference along with the original reference that you wish to cancel. The bookings will be cross-referenced and a refund will be applied less a £10 Refund Admin Fee.
If you want to travel on a difference route, new tickets will have to be purchased.
Changes can be made up to 2 hours before your original departure time. You can change to any ticket of equal or greater value. Please note that in addition to any difference in ticket cost, there is a £10 Refund Admin charge applied.
Like Train Operating Companies (TOCs), MyTrainTicket depends upon the National Reservation System for its seat reservations. Although we do pass on any seat preferences that you specify to the TOC, seat allocations are subject to availability and we cannot guarantee that your preferences can be met.
Our system will automatically try and reserve a seat free of charge for all tickets booked on our website.
Even if you did not get a seat reservation, your ticket is still valid and the train operator will always leave some seats available for those customers without reservations. You are free to sit in any of these unreserved seats for the appropriate class of ticket.